On Wednesday, March 15, 2017, the Milwaukee Press Club hosted the Open Government Traveling Show – a panel discussion about the Wisconsin open meetings and open records laws – at a Newsmaker Luncheon in Milwaukee as part of the national celebration of open government known as “Sunshine Week.”
The panelists will include:
• April Barker, open government expert and an attorney with the law firm Schott, Bublitz & Engel, s.c. based in Waukesha.
• Lisa Graves, executive director of the Center for Media and Democracy, a national watchdog group that investigates and exposes the influence of corporations on public policy.
• Tom Kamenick , deputy counsel and open government specialist with the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty, which seeks to advance the public interest in the rule of law, individual liberty, constitutional government and a robust civil society.
• Bill Lueders, president of the Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council and a veteran Wisconsin journalist, now managing editor of The Progressive magazine.
• Mark Pitsch, president of the Madison chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists and an assistant city editor at the Wisconsin State Journal.