Jobs at WisconsinEye
WisconsinEye Public Affairs Network
Seeking highly motivated individual for leadership position at nonprofit multimedia public affairs network in Madison, WI.
WisconsinEye presents an independent view of state government, political and related civic affairs: gavel-to-gavel coverage of State Capitol activities, complimented by interviews and coverage of events across Wisconsin.
Lead operations of video/audio production infrastructure reliant on Internet and cable TV delivery. Responsible for maximizing production efficiency and quality control in the current operations design. Continually investigates emerging opportunities to build excellence, reliability and cost-savings in the technical and aesthetic delivery of live and recorded video productions.
Ideally suited candidates will have leadership experience in the development and management of video production and program delivery across web-based (essential) and cable TV (advantageous) operational platforms.
1. Oversee the technical infrastructure of the network, including network operations center and State Capitol connection points.
2. Troubleshoot technical challenges and equipment malfunctions.
3. Provide technical direction for State Capitol and studio productions, and assist at production stations as needed.
4. Serve as lead contact on State Capitol access and programming contract requirements, to ensure the network is in compliance at all times.
5. Prepare playlists for daily programming playback on Omneon server, and prepare daily TV Guide for cable TV menus.
6. Assist to make sure equipment is set up and functioning properly for studio, State Capitol and field production.
7. Work with outside vendors and technology partners to keep the network current and moving forward in all areas of technical operations.
8. Work with Wisconsin Supreme Court to ensure that all production activities are in compliance with Court rules and protocols.
9. Work with technical directors and production assistants to make sure all systems, standards and procedures for coverage are in place and adhered to.
10. Prepare reports as required and/or at the request of the president, board of directors, state and federal authorities.
· Strong and proven web-based video production & distribution skills.
· Understand the technical processes involved in television production, including camera, lighting, sound and editing, in addition to qualifications necessary to perform Operation Director’s responsibilities with confidence, consistency and excellence.
· Highly developed communication, organization and problem-solving skills.
· Be able to work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the production team, State Capitol staff, elected officials, studio guests and the public.
· Attention to detail and methodical approach to work.
· Handle several tasks and timelines simultaneously and adjust course quickly in response to daily programming events.
· Strong IT skills, and knowledge of the relevant computer packages.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
or mail to: 122 West Washington Ave., Suite 200
Madison, WI 53703